This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Some Meal Tips

While I enjoy most of the Nutrisystem meals just as-is, there's no reason why I shouldn't make them even better if I have time to do so! I got these recipe ideas from the Nutrisystem.com message boards.

Although I enjoy the Nutrisystem pasta, I do miss a rich, cheesy sauce. It was suggested to me that I put a 1/2 cup scoop of fat free cottage cheese in a bowl and dump my lunch pasta (Pasta with Beef or Cheese Tortellini) over the top, and then microwave it. You can also add veggies like onions, mushrooms, bell peppers- whatever you like in your pasta dishes. It was really yummy! And I was very full after eating my lunch- the extra protein really helped.

The second modification was fantastic! Take one of the breakfast scones (either apple or chocolate chip), and cut it in half to make two thin squares of bread. Beat an egg with a dash of milk and maybe some cinnamon, and dip the bread in the egg to make French toast! Cook in a pan until golden brown and serve with sugarfree syrup.



This was absolutely an amazing breakfast. Dan tried to take it away from me and eat it himself! You could also use fruit to make your syrup which would use all your breakfast portions, or save it to eat later. I will definitely be eating this again in the future!

2 comments:

  1. The scones are awesome by themselves -- they must be amazing as French toast. I think I've just found my special Sunday breakfast. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! I was just on the newbie chat board and we were talking about how the pancakes are great but french toast would be grand! I will have to point them to this!

    ReplyDelete