This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's been seven weeks...

Nothing like progress to make you feel great! I weighed in today and I lost 3.4lbs this week! I've been unable to get much exercise in lately since my husband has been out of town, so it's a good feeling to know that I can still lose just by eating smart. Of course, I want to get back to getting in my workouts 3x a week again though.

I have another big challenge coming up next weekend- my husband and I are going to Niagara Falls for 2 days to celebrate our fifth anniversary, and to have some time to ourselves while our son gets quality time with Grandma. My plan is to bring my NS breakfasts and lunch bars, and then to eat something reasonable for dinner. I am not sure how this is going to look on the scale but I am going to do my best to stick to program as much as possible. I've lost over 18 pounds in 7 weeks- the last thing I want to do is shoot myself in the foot! It's really not worth it. Sure, you enjoy the food for a few minutes, but then what are you left with? That heavy, bloated feeling and a sense of guilt.

I've been feeling so positive about myself lately that there's no need to self sabotage! Weight loss isn't easy. It's a decision you make multiple times every day, so you really have to be committed to your goal. Remember- you're worth it!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Susie. Remember broiled or baked, not fried or sauteed. No heavy sauces and lots of vegetables. I went out to dinner with friends in my first week and managed broiled salmon with mixed vegies and a salad. I felt like a million bucks afterwards because I did it. You can too. Look how far you've come so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work!

    Congratulations on 5 years.

    ReplyDelete