This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's Here Again!

My second (and third) boxes have arrived! The reason I have two boxes arriving today is that you have to be on the Nutrisystem Canada program for two months before cancelling if you don't want to pay back the discounts and free shipping, which of course I didn't. It was also my chance to stock up on the Beef Tacos, which I love, but which are discontinued on the Nutrisystem.com site. Their menu is constantly being tweaked, with new items being added and old/unpopular ones being removed. I also wanted to take advantage of the bonus offer to order by March 1 and receive $50 off my order, so I had a little overlap. Now I'll never be running out of choices for meals like I was this week!

It's so nice to have all this variety available! I am looking forward to all the new things I have to try! I'm also looking forward to more pizza. I love the NS pizza, especially with low calorie BBQ sauce and chicken. There were two new kinds of pizza and I ordered them both to see how they compare to the Thick Crust Pizza.

I actually found myself only able to get one or at most two of each item, because there were so many things that I wanted to try! I love that there is so much choice on the Nutrisystem.com site and I think it's going to be quite a while before I get bored. I could eat a different breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert every day for a month if I wanted!

I also like seeing what they sent me for my free week. When you sign up, they give you two free weeks of food- one in your first shipment and one in your second. I have gotten a few things that I wouldn't have ordered for myself, but since I got a chance to try them I found that I enjoyed them. However, should they send you something that you absolutely can't stand, or if you try something you picked and don't like it and have some left, you can call Nutrisystem and they will give you a Return Authorization Number and you can ship it back and get stuff you want instead, which is nice. You have up to 30 days to return or exchange food.

And for those of you who are considering Nutrisystem, they have a guarantee for you. Try it for a week, and if you don't like it- you can return the rest and you will receive a full refund. Don't forget to click the link in the sidebar to email me for a $30 coupon if you decide to try it!

Here are some of the new things I have tried lately.

Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bar (Breakfast):


This was one of the items they sent me in my free week. I hadn't ordered any because I thought that a granola bar for breakfast just wouldn't cut it. I mean, I used to eat granola bars as a snack, not as a meal. When I looked at it on my plate, it looked pathetically small. I was very surprised to find out that not only was it really yummy, but it held me over until my next meal. Since you still get a dairy/protein serving and a fruit with breakfast, this was a nice light treat and I will probably order it in the future.

Salisbury Steak with Rice and Mushroom Gravy (Dinner):


As you've probably noticed from some of my previous photos, most of the Nutrisystem dinner entrees are very saucy. I love sauce so I think it's great, especially since you can use the excess gravy on the vegetables you add. I really liked this mushroom gravy. As with the teriyaki meal though, I was still disappointed by the size of the rice serving. I am probably going to stay away from meals with rice in the future- it seems that you get a lot more starch when there is pasta instead. The Salisbury steak was not bad but it wasn't anything special either. Definitely edible though.

Cheese Puffs (Dessert):


I have a sweet tooth, so I hadn't ordered these but they came in my free week. I would generally much rather have a sugary dessert (hello, fudge brownie!) instead of a savoury one, but again, I was pleasantly surprised. The cheesies are miniature, but there's lots of them, so it just makes them last longer for snacking. They tasted exactly like Cheetos except they didn't leave all the cheese powder on your fingers afterwards. I wouldn't want them every day, but for a once in a while cheesy snack, they were pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. How long does it take to get your order from the US?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered it on February 22, it shipped on February 27, and I got it on March 3.

    ReplyDelete