This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Looking forward to the weekend!

I'm excited for the weekend, not only because I get away, but because I can prove to myself that I can still lose weight even in the "real world". I was inspired by last night's episode of the Biggest Loser, where the contestants went home for a week and some still posted record weight losses (I can't believe Sam lost 14lbs!), even with all the temptations of their favourite foods and friends. If they can do it, I can do it, too!

Here are some new meals that I have tried:

Italian Herb Flatbread Pizza (Dinner):


I think of the three pizzas, this is my favourite. It feels bigger than the Thick Crust Pizza, and I love the herbs and spices on the flatbread. I topped it with turkey pepperoni and my favourite veggies.


Chicken & Pasta in Cacciatore Sauce (Lunch):


I don't think I've ever had this before even prior to trying NS, so I am not really sure what it's supposed to taste like. I took a bite and it tasted like pasta in diced tomatoes with a little kick. I prefer my pasta dishes to be a little more sauce-y and less tomato-y so I wasn't really a fan of it but I think this may be personal preference because NS's pasta dishes tend to be quite good.


Red Beans and Rice with Sausage (Lunch):


Oh my goodness where has this dish been hiding and why haven't I tried it before??? It was absolutely amazing! There was actually a decent size serving of rice and several chunks of sausage. This was a nice, spicy dish that was loaded with flavour. As soon as I tried it, I immediately rearranged my auto delivery to get lots of these with my next order!


Chicken Tortilla Soup (Dinner):


This came as a freebie with my last box. If it hadn't, I would never have ordered it. With all the delicious things I can choose from for dinner, I can't imagine what would possess me to choose soup of all things. I decided to give it a try, since I like the lunch Black Bean Tortilla soup. I was disappointed with the bland flavour- it just didn't taste right to me. If it was a little zestier, I might have considered it again, but as it is, I really didn't care for it.


Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing with Diced Chicken (Lunch):


I figured this meal would be easy for days where I am having lunch at a restaurant so I could just order a plain garden salad and add my chicken and salad dressing to it and still be eating a NS lunch. I opened the chicken pouch and about six sad little pieces of chicken were inside. The dressing was definitely not creamy- it was more of a vinaigrette based Caesar. Again, I have nothing against that type of dressing, but why on earth would they label it creamy? I wish some of the descriptions were more accurate. Would I eat it again? Yes, because I do like the convenience and it's easier to eat out with it instead of a lunch bar. The dressing had a bit of zip to it and I like that. I did use my lunch protein to add some more chicken though and found myself surprisingly full afterwards. This won't be one of my favourites but I'm sure it will make an appearance from time to time.


Fettuccine Alfredo (Lunch):


I like this meal as is, but I decided to jazz it up a little. I added diced tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, and mushrooms and fried them in a pan with a little Pam spray while the fettuccine was being made. I chopped up a serving of chicken and added that as well. The result was a delicious, filling pasta dish that I really enjoyed.


I'll be doing my weekly weigh in post on Monday next week since I am not bringing my computer to Niagara Falls (the hotel charges a whopping $14.95 a day for internet access, ouch!), and hopefully I'll have more good news!

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite dinners is the Italian herb flatbread pizza. SOOO good! I agree on the "Creamy Caesar" not being so creamy. It always tends to sink below all the lettuce because it's so thin.. But it's still pretty good. And Red Beans and Rice with Sausage is my ultimate favorite lunch :) I really hope they never get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading back through your old posts and I think I'm a fan! From the foods I've tried so far and what you've posted, we have similar tastes, so that should make it easy for me to find other items I might like.

    ReplyDelete