This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Win some, lose some

I've tried a few more new things from my box of goodies, and I've enjoyed some but been let down by others.

Creamy Tomato Soup (Lunch):


This was really my biggest disappointment. Who doesn't love a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup? I was so excited to try this that I borrowed my fat serving and my carb serving from dinner so that I could have the grilled cheese with the soup. The sandwich was delicious, but I wasn't too happy with the soup. I mean, really- how can you screw up tomato soup? It's one thing that is naturally high in sodium and low in calories anyway. Unfortunately, Campbell's this was not. It kind of had an odd, gritty taste to it. Would I eat it again? Yes. My expectations were probably too high so I was let down when I tried it. It's not bad soup, it's just not what I hoped for.

Swedish Style Meatballs with Pasta in Sauce (Dinner):


Although the photo doesn't look very appetizing, this was good. I loved the noodles (they tasted like classic egg noodles) and they were in a thick beef sauce with the meatballs. This one is definitely on my reorder list.

Golden Pound Cake (Dessert):


I loved this! It was good all by itself, but I'm picturing it with mashed strawberries and a little fat free Cool Whip... Mmmm. It was light, but very tasty.

Banana Nut Muffin (Breakfast):


This was good but nothing special. Just an average muffin. The nuts were fairly plentiful which was nice. I preferred the blueberry one, personally.

Flame Broiled Beef Patty (Dinner):


I felt it was time to issue a revised opinion on this meal. I think I was so negative about it the first time because the appearance just revolted me. I mean, it still looks like dessicated shoe leather when it's dried up in its little tray. Not appetizing at all.



However, dress it up on a nice whole wheat bun with cheese and your favourite condiments, all of a sudden it becomes a pretty nice dinner. I usually have sweet potato "fries" with it and it definitely beats the burger and fries craving.

The appearance still sucks, but then again I love the veggie fajita and it looks like dog barf, so I am trying to be fair to the hamburger.

Blueberry Lemon Bar (Dessert):


This was delicious! I love the way the blueberry and citrus tastes are both present but not overwhelming. If you're looking for something sweet but light (and you're not in the mood for the amazing Fudge Brownie!), this will definitely do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment