This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Motivation

All along, I've been resisting exercise. I hate exercise. I get tired and sweaty and out of breath. Well, I don't really hate exercise. I always feel great after I do it but every single time I have to force myself to get started. What I've been doing since the weather is nice is taking my son for a 1-2 hour walk every day. That's a start, but it's not really what I should be doing. I have a perfectly good elliptical machine in my basement, after all!

Today I set a goal for myself- 5 days a week, I am going to go on the elliptical after I walk my son. The walk can be my warmup! I'm not sure how long I can keep it up but I am going to try. And true to form- I did feel great afterwards. This is good for me- I just have to keep doing it.

Another thing I wanted to share with you is, if you've been losing weight and your clothes don't fit- BUY NEW CLOTHES. I was wearing clothes that were practically falling off because I didn't want to spend the money on new things since I still have a lot more weight to lose.

Like I said in my weigh in post, I did buy myself two pairs of jeans on the weekend. For the first time, I don't feel like a fatty when I'm walking around. I feel like I look good. I feel like I can celebrate my accomplishments. It was such a positive experience for me to wear clothes that fit again that it was worth every penny I spent, even if I only wear them for a few months (I hope!). So do it- reward yourself. Buy something nice and flattering that makes you feel good about yourself- you've earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment