This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

On Blogging

I've been looking for other weight loss bloggers to link to and it made me sad to say that I am having a hard time finding any active ones. I found several Nutrisystem blogs, but most of them have been abandoned- many of them after making a post or two saying they were slipping and were regaining the weight they'd lost. It's a little depressing to see so many people strive and fail.

I don't want Stomach Rumblings to become another dead blog to represent my failure! I would love to keep this blog going to inspire other people that this CAN be done if you want it enough. I plan to keep experimenting and posting new recipes even when I finish losing weight and go into maintenance. I believe that, as in all things in life, if you want something enough then you find a way to make it happen. You can keep making excuses, but that's all they are- just excuses. Do you make excuses to avoid doing things you really want to do? I doubt it.

So, chin up- if it's important to you to lose weight, you can do it! Nutrisystem makes it so easy. If you just want to eat the meals right out of the box, you can; you don't have to cook with them the way I do.

Believe me- if I can do this, you can. I had the worst eating habits- lots of refined carbs and fat, lots of sugar and empty calories, and very little nutritious food at all. The only difference between me and the people who fail at weight loss is that I've made this one of my top priorities. I am finding ways to stick to my program, not ways to justify "cheating". And that's why I believe I will be successful at losing the weight. Stick with me- let's see if I can do it! Hopefully at this time next year my ticker will be complete!


I also have some new recipes to share- enjoy!

Nacho Crisps (Dessert):


When I first tried the Nacho Crisps, I thought they were just okay but they have really grown on me! I topped them with diced green onions and tomatoes and melted cheese on top (you can do a little for a free food or a full dairy serving, whatever works in your day) and added sour cream and salsa. Delicious and satisfying!


Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix (Breakfast):


Here I was trying to create a version of my mother's favourite breakfast from her childhood- cheese blintzes. I think the recipe needs some work (I'm going to add a little water to the batter next time to make two thinner crepes since the pancake was a little thick and didn't fold well, and I am going to work on the filling as well) but it was pretty darn good!

Chocolate Chip Strawberry Blintzes

1 pkg NS Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
5 tbsp Splenda
1 serving strawberries, sliced thinly
4 tbsp ricotta cheese
1 tbsp Philadelphia Ultra Low Fat Cream Cheese
1/2 tsp lemon juice

Spray a large pan with PAM and heat. Mix together pancake mix, milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla, and 2 tbsp Splenda. Pour into large pan and swish it around so that it fills the entire bottom of the pan; cook like a regular pancake. In a separate pan, pour a little water and 2 tbsp of Splenda, add strawberries and simmer until they are a chunky sauce- set aside. In a small dish, blend together ricotta, cream cheese, lemon juice, remaining Splenda and vanilla. Spoon cheese mixture inside the crepe and fold. If your crepe folds well, fry it in a pan sprayed with PAM until crispy then top with strawberries and bake for ten minutes. If it needs toothpicks like mine, just put it straight into the oven. Top with a little Torani caramel syrup and whipped cream if desired.

For a recipe that didn't come out quite the way I intended, it was still yummy! You could use plain or blueberry pancake mix as well, I just wanted the chocolate/strawberry taste but you could drizzle with Walden Farms chocolate syrup instead.

Sometimes I still wonder how we're on a weight loss plan and still get to eat such delicious things. It doesn't seem quite fair, does it? :)

4 comments:

  1. I've been on ns for about a month now. I'm super glad I found your blog! Keep on posting. :) If you are interested in other health blogs, my friend does a great one here: http://www.100lbsandcounting.com/
    I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed your blog and am considering restarting my old blog. I have been taking photos of the things I have made and the foods I have tried (most of them). I have a blog that I pretty much abandoned 4 years ago. And I have continued to lose weight, but I didn't have a laptop and it wasn't convenient to blog... so...I will send you the link once I update it! Thanks for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on day 6 of NS and your blog has really been an encouragement. After discovering it I knew that the ideas and recipes you provide would be a big help and they have! I've tried several of the things you have posted and they have all been great! Thanks so much for doing this - it has been so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca, it's nice to hear that not everyone who abandoned their blog gave up on their weight loss!

    Arlene, I am glad to hear that! Please feel free to add your comments to the things you tried- I love getting feedback. Good luck on your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete