This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Half a Year

I still have hopes of reaching my mini goal of 70lbs lost by October 2nd. This week certainly helped! I lost 3.4lbs to bring my total to 56.4! I just got my violet Nutribear in the mail and I'm more than halfway to my next one!

It's been 26 weeks since I started Nutrisystem- half a year. It really doesn't feel like it's been that long. I'm not sick of the food and I'm still enjoying coming up with new and creative ways to eat it. I thought that I'd get frustrated even ordering off the larger US menu, but I haven't (although I am still really hoping to find a way to try the Select frozen entrees and have emailed Nutrisystem about it).

I know I still have a lot of weight left to lose, but I finally feel like it's time to celebrate how far I've come. I've lost nearly 60lbs in half a year. If I had done nothing, I would be that much heavier (maybe more!). I think my son is heavy when I carry him around and he is only 21 lbs- how would I like to carry around three of him all the time???

I also had a Non Scale Victory on the weekend. My mom and I went to one of those little Japanese fast food places for lunch, and I was dying to have white rice with my meal. I love steamed sticky rice. I figured, eh, it's been 26 weeks, I can have white carbs just once. But then when I got there and ordered, I couldn't do it. I knew they had brown rice and I realized that I didn't want white rice enough to actually order it. I think the idea of it was better than actually having it. I ordered my meal with extra vegetables and a half serving of brown rice and I still left most of it. I felt really good after lunch!

Yesterday, I went to the store and bought myself new jeans that fit. You can't imagine how great it felt to put them on instead of wearing my old baggy ones!

Please lift your glass (of water- gotta get that in especially in the summer!) in a toast to how far we've all come- celebrate yourself, because you've earned it.

10 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I really love your blog and CONGRATS on the weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and continued success!!

    I enjoy reading your blog and all of your reviews and recipes!

    I began Nutrisystem nearly two weeks ago, the womans basic program. It's hard at times - still get the hunger pangs and some of the food isn't so pleasant. I also read at the official Nutrisystem website. I'm astounded at the people who've lost large amounts of weight and apparently kept it off. So, there's something to be said about Nutrisystem that apparently does work!

    Again, congrats on your weight loss at the half-year mark!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job a little over 3 lbs in a week has to be very rewarding. I can't wait until I can go buy new clothes and jeans. If you dont mind what size are you wearing now? About how many size have you gone down with the 56 lb weight loss?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Anonymous 12:54,

    Ick- LOL those are things I don't really want to admit to! I honestly have no idea what size I would have been wearing right after I had my son and before I started Nutrisystem because I just stayed in maternity :( I knew my clothes didn't fit and I didn't want to waste money on new ones so I just wore what I had.

    I'm currently wearing a size 16, which is a higher number than I wore before at this weight. My body has definitely changed since I had my son. But I'm not getting all caught up with the numbers- I feel better, I look better, and I'm healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog -- and congratulations on your success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fantastic. I am dealing with the same thing, after recently having a baby. I have a ton of "skinny" clothes that I just can not get on so I am forced to where my maternity stuff. Hopefully within the next few months I will be back down into a size 16. Right now I guess I would be a 20/22. Sad thing is I was 12 before getting pregnant. I really need to get my weight under control.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Anonymous 1:36,

    It's a terrible feeling, isn't it? I was around a 12 about 2 years ago and then I started doing a lot of travelling and the weight starting creeping back on, and then I got pregnant. Not a great situation!

    The good news is, this is temporary! It takes time to lose weight in a way that's best for your body but soon you'll be back into your old clothes (although they may not fit the same- my body certainly has changed since having my son).

    How old is your baby? And congratulations! Are you thinking of trying Nutrisystem or are you doing this on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is 9 months old. Right now I am trying it alone, but not having very much success. In the past 3 months I have only lost 12 lbs all while going to the gym 3-5 days a week and not consuming more than 1600 calories a day. I told myself that if I haven't lost 20 lbs by the end of this month that I would go ahead and try Nutri System.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Anonymous 12:30- my son is only a little bit older than your daughter- his birthday is October 2. It's an amazing age, isn't it?

    I'm sorry you're having so much trouble taking the weight off. 1600 calories is probably too much and it depends on the type of calories you're eating as well. I average between 1250-1450 daily. I keep track of everything I eat on Sparkpeople as well, just so I know what the totals are "supposed" to be when I am off plan.

    I hope it gets better for you, but if not- I know this plan works and it will work for you, too.

    ReplyDelete