This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weigh In Day

I was worried about this week's weigh in. I started doing a lot more exercise than I used to which I know causes your body to retain water, plus I'm already bloated. I thought I might actually gain.

I was very happy to see that I lost nearly a pound this week! I'm glad I stayed on track with my eating and I definitely had a lot of fun being creative with my veggies. I still have a few more ideas to share for Salad Free week and I'll try to post a few tonight.

I have some hopes of getting to 60lbs lost next week if I work hard- let's see if I can do it!

Some of you have asked me to post before and after photos. Well, I don't really have good ones to share, but I'll try.

Here is me 3 weeks after my son was born:


And here is me yesterday, out to lunch with Matthew:


I am honestly grossed out looking at the pictures of me with my son while he was little. How could I have let myself get that overweight? It's so embarrassing. I never want to feel this way about my body again. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but at least I don't look like the blimp that ate Toronto anymore!

1 comment:

  1. looking good :-) Your son is adorable. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete