This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Over the Hump!

Yes! After weeks of waiting, I made it (convincingly) over the 60lb marker! I can't wait to get my new Nutribear. I lost 1.4lbs this week. While my losses over the past two weeks have slowed down a little, I think it's all part of the journey and it will encourage me to exercise more. I am pretty much at the halfway point which is pretty darn exciting! In not quite seven months I have lost more than sixty pounds and made it halfway to my goal weight!

Of course, I don't expect the second half to come off as quickly as the first... the closer you get to goal, the slower the weight comes off. But it's not a race and as long as I keep plugging away, I will get there in the end!

There are 5 weeks until my son's birthday and I was hoping to make it to 70lbs lost by then. I think it will be close but I am going to try! Hopefully all the exercise I am doing will make a difference and get me back up to 2lbs a week. I am still averaging more than that but it's definitely starting to slow down.

Oh, and I tried my hand at the Cheese Blintzes again this morning and it worked! Unfortunately no picture since my camera was dead but definitely give these a try on a lazy weekend morning! I just added an extra 1/4 cup water to the mix. The pancakes take longer to cook since the batter is so thin but they are easy to fold around the cheese mixture. I actually forgot about the cream cheese this time and the ricotta by itself was still delicious. My husband took one look at my breakfast and asked me to make one for him (but with real chocolate chips!).

1 comment:

  1. Wow.
    Way to go. Keep up the good work girl. I'm sure ur looking and feeling great!!

    ReplyDelete