This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chocolate

I didn't get to watch the Biggest Loser on Tuesday night because I went out with some friends, but fortunately I was able to watch it later in the week On Demand.

What a tough temptation! If you didn't watch, each contestant had to go privately into a room that had tables and tables just full of chocolates and chocolate covered things and stay there for three minutes. The prize for the temptation wasn't even anything special like it usually was- definitely not worth it.

Unsurprisingly, lots of contestants found reasons to justify eating some of the chocolate. It's tough to walk away from it when it's right there and you can smell it and see it. I'm sure none of the contestants had tasted chocolate since they got to the ranch.

I sat there during that episode munching on my Chocolate Crunch Bar. Fortunately, chocolate is not something I ever feel deprived of! I can eat chocolate three meals a day if I want to! Nutrisystem's chocolate is good enough that my husband chooses to eat it for dessert as well sometimes- and he isn't on a diet (lucky people and their fast metabolisms...grumble grumble)!

It just made me feel lucky that I can still enjoy the things I like and lose weight at the same time. I think that having a program like this also teaches you balance more so than a cold turkey switch to a diet of lean meats, healthy carbs, fruit, and veggies. Although both plans are healthy, the person on the second program is going to miss their old cravings and be much more susceptible to bingeing when they get back to the real world and decide to have a treat. After all- NEVER having a treat is just not realistic. I believe that since I can have dessert every single day, it takes a bit of the "specialness" away from desserts. I don't crave them anymore and so they are just part of my meal plan- not treats that I want to eat lots of. Not to mention that the Nutrisystem desserts contain protein, fibre, and other nutrients so they actually satisfy your cravings, not make you want more. Anyone ever been satisfied by 15 M&Ms or did you want to down the rest of the family sized bag? I'm a lot happier with the Chocolate Rainbow Delights.

So here's to chocolate... and to avoiding temptations!

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

1 comment:

  1. My office is located across the hall from our company's break room... I'm faced with the kind of temptation you described EVERY DAY! (Today it was two kinds of cookies, a bag full of candy bars, a cake, and a box of heart-shaped donuts.) If Nutrisystem didn't allow chocolate there's no way I could resist all that!

    ReplyDelete