This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Getting There!

I lost 1.6lbs this week and I earned a new bear! I'm so excited and can't wait to get my 90lb bear. For that matter, sometimes I still have a hard time believing I've lost so much weight but seeing those little bears really makes my accomplishment real. I should be proud of myself. I'm a little wistful when I think that I only have 2 bears left to earn (since I'll get my goal bear at the same time as my 125lb bear) but hey, that's a good thing- it means I'm nearly done losing the weight!

When I first started my journey, I don't know if I ever really picture myself coming this far. I know I haven't been this thin since before I met my husband over ten years ago. Setting a goal and sticking to it with the help of Nutrisystem has really shown me what a strong person I am, and that I really can accomplish my goals if I set my mind to them.

I also have some exciting news to share. I am going to be visiting a friend in the USA next month and so I will have the chance to review the Nutrisystem Select frozen items! I am really looking forward to it since I have heard great things about them. Unfortunately these items are not currently available to Canadians so I'll only be getting them for one month only. I will post photo reviews of the meals when I get home!

Lately, I'm just starting to feel like things are going my way and getting better. I have a more positive outlook on life. I guess I'm just getting lucky :) I posted a few weeks ago that I started a FitMom + Baby class at a gym nearby, and I decided that when my husband's busy work travel season starts that I was going to get a membership there since Matthew enjoys playing at the daycare. I was pleasantly surprised when I got an email from Groupon that offered me a one month membership plus five smoothies from their smoothie bar (that is actually perfectly Nutrisystem compliant for a dairy + fruit serving, wahoo!) for only $29 instead of the $70 I had thought I was going to have to shell out. It's always nice to get offered exactly what you need!



So far I've purchased four Groupons and been happy with them all. I love getting a deal!

I'm also really looking forward to the weather getting nicer so I can get out more. I'm so tired of snow and cold! Hopefully the groundhog was right and spring is on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment