This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More About Exercise

Anyone else watching the Biggest Loser tonight? I was totally blown away by the weight loss of the Unknowns during their first week on the ranch. The lowest percentage would have been at the top of the other group! Seriously- how can you go home after losing 3.59%???

What it signifies to me is how important it can be to change up your fitness routine. The ranch players, while obviously still losing weight and being successful, didn't have their routine changed as much as the unknowns did, by completely changing locale and having new equipment to use. Look at the effect it had!

With diet as well as exercise, it's important to keep your body guessing so that your metabolism stays revved up and it doesn't have time to acclimatize to what you are doing. There was a discussion on the Nutrisystem boards about having high days and low days- where you vary your daily food intake based on how hungry you are. You still eat everything on your meal plan and don't save anything, but perhaps you choose all lower calorie entrees one day (since there's quite the variation in each category), or have smaller servings for your dairy/protein add ins. Conversely, if you're hungry, go for the higher calorie entrees and max out your dairy/protein to 100 calories per serving.

But if just changing up your exercise can have an effect like that- I'm really excited about the idea. Adding in the 30 Day Shred clearly had a positive effect on my weight loss. Hopefully trying the FitMom + Baby class on Mondays will also change things up a little. Maybe I need to add in more time on the elliptical machine as well.

So here's my challenge to you- this week, try one new exercise related thing that you haven't done before. It doesn't have to be a huge change- maybe something as simple as wearing arm weights when you go for a walk. Let's see if we can shock our bodies into letting go of those pounds!

Don't forget to enter the $35 gift certificate giveaway to CSN Stores! The contest closes February 7th.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm also on a mini quest to improve my overall health, but I do need to put in more effort in regards to exercise. Starting tomorrow I will def. start a new exercise movement.

    P.S.
    I'm a new follower from Catch a Wave Hop. Hope you can visit my blog soon. Looking forward to your upcoming posts.

    http://alwaysaroundboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I found you on the Green Mama's blog hop. Good luck with your challenge. I find the Biggest Loser show really motivating. I am trying to eat more local foods and am finding that this has resulted in eating more natural whole foods that are less processed and better for me. I have lost weight as a result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also on a weight loss journey! Good luck to you!
    http://blogbedandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower (and also on a journey to lose half my body weight!) :)

    -The Mom Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea. The most important thing about working out is not getting bored. But it is always good to be reminded that doing something different cannot only be challenging, but fun and successful :)

    Stopped over from Food Floozie!

    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, yes, I watched. I think that's so true about changing up your routine. Following you from the Green mama blog hop. Would love a follow back. www.raisinggreenrichmondkids.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to exercise every day, especially with little ones. Thanks for sharing.

    New follower on GFC through Welcome Wednesday.

    Have a great day
    Olfa.T
    www.ourfamilyworld.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are headed down hill skiing on Saturday, does that count? I am not focusing my exercise or diet until it warms up at least a little bit more and I can start running again. I am giving myself a break during these awful cold months!
    Good luck with the challenge though. It sounds like you are very motivated and ready to go!!
    Stopping by from the Green Mama Blog Hop. Hope you will check out my blog sometime too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! I am starting a new fitness journey TOMORROW, and you're great inspiration!

    Found you at the Hump Day Hop and would love if you'd check out my blogs!

    Brea
    www.becomingbrea.com
    www.breagettingfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm following you now, please follow back. I like the contents of your blog - about getting healthier through exercise and good nutrition. I'm all for that, Sister!

    ReplyDelete