This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm Leaving on a Cruise Ship...

Well, not really- but I can pretend, right? One thing I love about cruises is the wonderful food. Our favourite cruiseline is Celebrity, and they've introduced a relatively new feature on some of their ships called Bistro on Five, which serves lighter fare like sandwiches, sweet and savory crepes. We really enjoyed eating there- the meals were fabulous!

Recently I was asked if I ever made any savory crepe recipes (after sharing my Fruity Crepes recipe), and it immediately made me think of Bistro on Five and the delicious meals I'd enjoyed there. Today's recipe is the result of that, and believe me- it will have you envisioning the high seas!

Mediterranean Turkey Pesto Crepe:



Pancake Mix (Breakfast):

1 pkg Nutrisystem Pancake Mix
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup water
2 oz sliced turkey or chicken
1 tbsp sundried tomatoes
1/2 cup diced onions and green pepper
1 oz shredded Italiano blend cheese
1/2 tbsp light mayonnaise
1 tsp basil pesto

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the pancake mix as directed and add the additional 1/3 cup water until the batter is very thin and runny. Spray a medium frying pan with Olive Oil PAM spray. Pour half the batter into the pan (refrigerate the other half and reserve for later). When the crepe is crisping, flip it over. The second side cooks very quickly- be careful not to overcook! In the meantime, sautee the sliced chicken or turkey in Olive Oil PAM spray with the vegetables and sundried tomatoes. When the vegetables are soft, place the crepe flat in a baking dish and fill with the meat and vegetable mixture. Top with the shredded cheese and fold the crepe over top. Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. In a Ziploc bag, mix together the mayonnaise and pesto until well blended. Snip a tiny hole in one corner of the bag for easy squirting. When the crepe comes out of the oven, scoop it onto a plate and squirt the pesto sauce over the crepe in a zigzag pattern. Enjoy it while it's hot!

Dietary Services confirmed that 1/2 package of pancake mix can be used as a carb serving, so this is a great "flex" lunch entree.

Here are the stats for a flex lunch: 1 Fat Serving, 2 Lean Protein Serving, 1 Low Glycemic Carbohydrate Serving, and 1 Vegetable Serving.

Counts as a complete lunch (served with a salad or veggies), and a free food.

If you are one of the lucky ducks who gets an extra carb serving with your lunch, make the second crepe as well and have a sweet crepe for dessert! Fill it up with hot chopped strawberries or other berries and enjoy a decadent meal.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment