This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, April 11, 2024

45 Strong Challenge: Day 39

 Ok, wow, y'all- I hit two new milestones at the gym today and I am so excited! Today's workout was weights, and Thursday is the day when they tend to push for lifting fewer reps with heavier weights. Today I managed to do two sets of pushups on my feet instead of on my knees! They weren't great pushups and I didn't get all the way down, but I was trying my best and I managed at least a little bit.

And the big one is that I managed to go up to 15kg dumbbells for the chest presses today! I've been working hard to try and up weights on chest presses and I've been doing the 12.5kg for a while now. Last time I tried to see if I could do the 15kg I couldn't even lift them into place but today I could do it! I am riding a pretty good adrenaline high right now. Super proud of myself for my hard work and it's amazing to see results like this!

I'm really glad I gave the F45 a try even though it's expensive. It's been interesting watching my body change. I don't think I've ever had this much muscle tissue in my life. Not only is my body healthier but this much muscle is likely going to make it easier to maintain my weight when I stop trying to lose. I think the choices I'm making this time around are much healthier for myself.




I did:

  • 53 minutes of walking and 44 minutes at F45 for a total of 97 active minutes. Today was not fun cardio!
  • drank 3 litres of water
  • did my dental care
  • 15 minutes of Spanish on Duolingo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment