This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, April 1, 2024

Week 73 Weigh In & 45 Strong Challenge Day 29




You know, it's been strange. I've been hungry lately, but it doesn't feel worrisome or like the medication isn't working. It feels like maybe all this physical activity has kickstarted my metabolism into working the way it should again. I mean maybe this trend won't last- I'm still only down 10lbs in the last 20 weeks, so it's nothing quick to say the least. But I at least have this positive feeling that maybe my body is going to work properly again. We'll see how it goes!

Also, I had no idea that sea turtles weighed so much! I guess they are very large!

So I've generally had my new calorie goal around 1800 lately to compensate for the additional exercise I've been doing. I could eat less, but realistically the goal when losing weight is to eat as much as you can and still lose, so that your metabolism doesn't slow to accommodate the small portions. So if I can lose a pound or two a week eating 1800ish calories, I feel like I'm on the right track. That's quite a bit more than I was eating before I started F45 and I was mostly sitting stagnant. I've definitely gained a lot of muscle too, and muscle burns more fat as long as you keep moving and consume enough protein for muscle growth! I've just got to keep being creative and finding more snacks to eat so I don't get bored with my food.




I did:

  • 59 minutes of walking and 39 minutes at F45 for a total of 98 active minutes. Today was a new hybrid workout style called Quarterbacks. It was pretty good actually!
  • drank 3 litres of water
  • did my dental care
  • 16 minutes of Spanish on Duolingo. 


OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs
OZ Week 62 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 63 loss: 3.0 lbs
OZ Week 64 loss: 1.0 lb
OZ Week 65 loss: 0.4 lbs
OZ Week 66 loss: 1.8 lbs
OZ Week 67 loss: 0 lbs
OZ Week 68 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 69 gain: 0.2 lbs
OZ Week 70 gain: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 71 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 72 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 73 loss: 2.2 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 78 lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment