This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, April 8, 2024

Week 74 Weigh In & 45 Strong Challenge Day 36!

Hard to believe the challenge is 80% complete! I'm really going to make it to the end, unless something awful happens (I hope not!).

And while I am wearing out a bit, surprisingly my body seems to be able to handle the more intense exercise, which is pretty cool! I think I might like to try and keep it up. Maybe not quite this much- I would like some actual rest days too, not just a 60 min walk. But I can wait until I finish the last 9 days!

I am also really happy that the scale has started moving again after so much time. Looks like the solution, unsurprisingly, is adding more intense exercises along with more protein and calories to grow that new muscle. It's not the answer anyone wants to hear in terms of weight loss because it's slow and definitely requires putting in the time and work. But I think that was the key for breaking the long stretch of very slow losses and holding steady. Plus, it's better to be eating more anyway. We want to be eating as much as possible and still losing so that our metabolisms don't get used to eating too little. That would mean that maintenance calories end up quite low which is hard to sustain over a lifetime. What good is it to reach goal if we start regaining the weight almost immediately? It's better to try and heal as much of the damage obesity has done to our bodies and systems so that we can eat like normal people in the future. Not go back to eating the way we were (or at least how I was) but where it's OK to indulge occasionally and eat regular food with our families. It's one of the reasons I think diet culture can be so toxic. If you view your weight loss journey as a diet, how will it stick? A diet implies an end. And a lifetime diet just sounds awful! Choosing a way to eat sustainably that you can continue on with and not feel deprived, that you can eat with family and friends, and still enjoy your food? That's something that's much more likely to keep the number on the scale down over time because it won't be as hard to stick to it.

It's good to find substitutes for things we love- in fact this whole blog is full of recipes to try and recreate lighter versions of the calorific foods we enjoy indulging in. But I don't think I'd go the rest of my life without occasionally having big steak cut french fries made deep fried and not in an air fryer! Life has got to be about balance or we'll find ourselves back here again and I don't actually think I'd live through it next time.

So, I'm currently sticking with my ~1800 ish calorie plan, continuing the exercise, and we'll see how things go! Still not increasing my dose and staying at 0.75mg again while I hope to see the scale keep moving for a while and not get stuck until I'm closer to my goal.





I did:

  • 58 minutes of walking and 39 minutes at F45 for a total of 97 active minutes. Today was the Quarterbacks workout again- two pods, one weights, one cardio.
  • drank 3 litres of water
  • did my dental care
  • 15 minutes of Spanish on Duolingo. 

Happy Eclipse day, if you're in the path! We will only get to see 99% totality here but unfortunately I'm not able to travel to get the full picture. That being said, it's looking pretty overcast so I'm not sure how much we will actually get to see anyway. Must be disappointing for the people who have spent thousands of dollars to visit places with the longest totality.

I'm kind of wondering how many people will be at the noon gym class today or if they'll be off to try and view the eclipse. Guess I'll find out! Result: slightly fewer than normal but still plenty of people came to get their sweat on!



OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs
OZ Week 62 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 63 loss: 3.0 lbs
OZ Week 64 loss: 1.0 lb
OZ Week 65 loss: 0.4 lbs
OZ Week 66 loss: 1.8 lbs
OZ Week 67 loss: 0 lbs
OZ Week 68 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 69 gain: 0.2 lbs
OZ Week 70 gain: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 71 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 72 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 73 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 74 loss: 1.0 lb

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 79 lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment