This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, April 22, 2024

Week 76 Weigh In!

 So, apparently I really am stubborn! Once I finished the challenge, plus the one extra day I went because day 46 was weights,  I kind of fell apart a little. I was so tired I didn't really want to do much of anything and my appetite just roared in like crazy. It feels like what I did was push beyond my limits and then my body decided to rebel a little. But the point is, I DID make it. I was able to push myself like that. Maybe not quite so hard next time... but it's so exciting to have been able to accomplish the challenge! I'm really proud of myself for finishing it.

Honestly though, I was okay with it. I worked hard! If I needed a little rest and some junk food afterwards, I made it through, and it's not like it's going to be a permanent thing, so I went with it. I had some takeout and some sweets from a bakery on the weekend, and I'm feeling pretty bloated so I bet I'm holding onto a bunch of sodium. That's OK- I never expected that exercising meant I would never have gain weeks! And this one was worth it and perhaps necessary!

Today I'll be right back on track. I did go to the gym yesterday since Sunday is a weights day and I didn't want to miss it, and I'm considering going tonight as well even though I don't like the evening classes. My work schedule is a bit finicky this week so I don't want to miss out on going when I'm able to.

So, lots of water, lots of protein, and back at the weights! It'll be OK.

I'm pretty sure that I'm smaller than I ever was at this weight before, even in my 20s. I still can't believe those size 12s zip up, even over my roll of belly skin. I sure didn't have that before, so I bet if it was removed I'd be down even more inches. But I really have no plans to do that or even worry about it at this point. Conventional wisdom is lose the weight and then stay stable for a year and give your skin a chance to catch up. I'm hoping mine will but if not? It's a Future Me problem. And the idea of wearing a size 12 now is pretty awesome! I still want to lose at least 30lbs more, so hopefully I can drop a couple more sizes. But we'll see how it goes.




OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs
OZ Week 62 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 63 loss: 3.0 lbs
OZ Week 64 loss: 1.0 lb
OZ Week 65 loss: 0.4 lbs
OZ Week 66 loss: 1.8 lbs
OZ Week 67 loss: 0 lbs
OZ Week 68 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 69 gain: 0.2 lbs
OZ Week 70 gain: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 71 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 72 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 73 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 74 loss: 1.0 lb
OZ Week 75 loss: 0.8 lb
OS Week 76 gain: 1.4 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 78.4lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment