This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Ole!

I am signed for a ton of daily recipe emails from a variety of different sites. Most of the time they are too high in calories and fat or they can't be easily made healthy, but sometimes I get a gem which only needs a few tweaks to make it delicious and Nutrisystem friendly. I had this for lunch today and really enjoyed this variation on traditional stuffed peppers. The inspiration came from Life Made Delicious.


Mexican Stuffed Peppers:



Black Beans & Rice (Lunch):

1 pkg Nutrisystem Black Beans & Rice
1 large bell pepper (any colour), cut in half and cleaned out
1/2 tomato, chopped
green onions, chopped
1/2 clove garlic, chopped
1 oz shredded cheese

Prepare entree as directed on the package. Be careful not to use too much water as this meal gets soupy in a hurry and then it's tough to get it out without turning everything to mush. Mix together the entree, vegetables, and garlic, and put the rice mixture inside the bell pepper halves. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove and add the cheese on top, and place back in the oven until cheese is melted. Enjoy with a little sour cream or salsa if desired!


Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment