This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Already?

It's very frustrating that I just began my exercise program but I'm already getting sick. I've decided that since I just got started I am going to delay it until I'm feeling better since exercising while you're sick is pretty miserable. I don't feel like I'm making an excuse because I was starting to find level 1 on the 30 Day Shred to be much less challenging than it used to be, and yesterday it was so tough I had a hard time getting through it. Being weak will really take it out of you. I'll definitely post when I am re-starting the program!

I finally got my hands on the new shelf stable item. We were told LAST summer that it was coming very soon. Well, I don't have high hopes that I'll get to see any other new Nutrisystem meals while I'm on the program if this is soon!


Southern Style Biscuits & Gravy (Breakfast):



I had high hopes for this breakfast. Biscuits & gravy isn't something we get a lot in Canada but I have fond memories of it when I travel to the South. The idea of baking a biscuit in the microwave (with explicit instructions not to put it in the oven!) seemed a little odd, but I decided to give it a try.

As you can see, there is FAR too much gravy for that one poor little biscuit! I suppose I should have cut the biscuit in half to try and soak up some more of it, because although the gravy is actually very tasty, it wasn't much fun eating it with a spoon. If you have an extra carb serving for your breakfast a piece of toast would be perfect here. The biscuit comes out of the microwave looking exactly the way it does when you put it in- white. But, it does still taste pretty good, if dense. I really enjoyed the gravy, which has little bits of sausage in it- very flavourful. I am glad I ordered a couple of these because they are a nice change from the sweet breakfasts and are pretty yummy at that!



Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog, really enjoyed reading it. But I must admit with being from England gravy and biscuits together sounds rather crazy! The more I look at the picture though the more Im thinking of trying it. Have bookmarked you and will check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blog...New Build Planning Permission

    ReplyDelete
  2. for some reason, my biscuit turned out much larger than yours looks. It really was filling! I'm looking forward to fish week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. It is very helpful!!

    ReplyDelete