This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Panini Press = Awesome!

Who doesn't love a cheesy sandwich on crisp bread toasted in a panini press? It's been so hot out lately that I just wanted to have a light supper, so I thought of having a sandwich. Definitely give this one a try!

Italian Herb Flatbread Pizza (Dinner):



Grilled Ham & Cheese Panini:

1 pkg Nutrisystem Italian Herb Flatbread Pizza
1 really sharp knife
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 oz shredded cheddar cheese
3oz sliced deli ham

Preheat your panini press. Carefully split the Italian Herb Flatbread pizza into two halves lengthwise, so you have two very thin slices of "bread". This takes some practice and a sharp knife so that you don't make holes in the bread like I did the first time! Spread the Dijon mustard on one half of the bread, and layer the ham on top. Sprinkle with cheese, top with the other half of bread, and place in the panini press until cheese is melted. Enjoy with a nice salad!

Now, you aren't using the Nutrisystem pizza sauce or cheese for this entree (unless you want to use their cheese instead of cheddar). I checked with Dietary Services and the cheese is 72 calories and 5g of fat, so I substituted my own to fit those stats. If you want to, you can just use the included cheese. The pizza sauce is 30 calories, so I substituted the Dijon mustard. So that makes this recipe count as a dinner entree + protein serving (the ham). Make sure to add the rest of your dinner servings (perhaps brush the bread with olive oil for your fat serving prior to grilling it).

This might also be yummy as a chicken parmigiana sandwich, using their sauce and cheese- just put a protein serving of chicken inside the sandwich and sprinkle the cheese over top. This is a very flexible recipe so go ahead and get creative!



Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment