This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Seafood Week

One thing I do miss about cooking for myself is seafood. I love just about everything that comes from the ocean! Unfortunately, I can understand that it must be difficult to make seafood shelf stable. Even frozen isn't the same as perfectly fresh fish or shrimp.

I'm going to do a series next week on flexing meals that fit within the Nutrisystem guidelines but still allow you to enjoy your favourite seafood meals! If there is something in particular you're hoping to see a healthy version of, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Seafood is such a great food item to enjoy while pursuing a healthy lifestyle. It's all low calorie and high protein- most of the problem with seafood dishes is what we add to it. Lobster, one of my favourite meals, has only 30 calories per ounce and 6 grams of protein. Just don't look at how many calories and fat grams are in that little bowl of clarified butter that usually comes with it!

I also find that fish is a great entree choice for summer, since it's light but filling, and also that it goes great on the BBQ.

What's your favourite kind of seafood and what dish do you miss eating with it?

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see a healthy version of Garlic shrimp au gratin
    :)

    ReplyDelete