This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Spring Into Summer Weight Loss Challenge: Week 3



Well, I seem to have finally hit the dreaded plateau. After more than a year though, I can't really complain! I know I just need to stay motivated and push through it and the pounds will start dropping off again.

I know I've been stuck in the same weight loss range for quite a while now, but it's hard to be disappointed. When I originally signed up for Nutrisystem, I set my goal to lose 98lbs and I've accomplished that. I never thought I'd actually be able to do it and it's something I am very proud of. So while it's frustrating that I've been "wasting time", not only have I not regained any weight but I've continued to lose (albeit very slowly). That really gives me confidence that I have changed my habits for life, and that I am going to be able to maintain this loss.

But, I want to keep going. I want to achieve my second goal weight, and I know I can do it. I just have to make some more changes in my lifestyle to make exercise a permanent part of my life. I need to understand that, just like the changes I've made about food, this isn't a quick fix and going back to my old habits will mean that I'll lose all the progress I've made. Exercise is part of being healthy and I definitely need to do more of it!

Not to mention that you can't really "waste time". When I was younger, I always used to feel like I was just waiting to actually begin my life; waiting for things to happen. It took getting older to realize that life was happening all along- I just had to enjoy the journey. And that's what I'm trying to do here. It's not a race to reach my goal weight as quickly as possible. For me, this is and has been a learning process to figure out the best way to incorporate healthy changes into my life so that I don't feel deprived and that I'm happy with my choices. In the long run, if it takes me a few weeks longer to reach my goal, that's OK- it doesn't matter. I just have to keep going!

I also wanted to share with you that today ends my commitment to the Nutrisystem Canada Blogger Program. I am so appreciative that I was able to be part of the program- the people I worked with were so friendly, helpful, and supportive (thank you, Meredith!). I will be continuing to follow the Nutrisystem program but it'll be back on my own dime again :)


1st weigh in May 29: - 2.6 lbs (1.56%)
2nd weigh in June 5: - 0 lbs (1.56%)
3rd weigh in June 12: - 0 lbs (1.56%)
4th weigh in June 19:
5th weigh in June 26:
6th weigh in July 3:
7th weigh in July 10:
Final weigh in July 17:

How did you do this week? I'm sure by now everyone's lost more than I have! But there is still lots of time left for me to catch up!

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to continue to blog? Please do! You really really really help keep me motivated! You are a real person that makes mistakes and is honest about them and still is able to make it work! I love reading about your weightloss journey......Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna,

    Thanks for your comment! Yes, I'm still here- I've just been so tired and the heat's been kicking my butt so I haven't been doing what I should. I'll try and write more this week!

    I'm glad that my blog helps you- that's one of the things that helps keep ME on track, too! :)

    ReplyDelete