This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Cheese please!

Ever since I saw that Nutrisystem had a soft pretzel in their dessert section, I had been dreaming of what I could do with it. I remember visiting a pretzel stand that made the most amazing pizza pretzels and I've been waiting for the chance to try it. I happened to be extra hungry tonight after dinner, so I decided to see if I could make it work!

It does feel odd calling this a dessert since it's savory, but wow did it ever fill me up and it was almost as tasty as the one I remembered. Definitely give this a try!

Whole Grain Soft Pretzel (Frozen Dessert):



The pretzel is a little small, but it definitely works. I advise allowing it to thaw a little before you cut it so that it's easier to split.

Slice the pretzel through the middle lengthwise, so that you have two thin pretzels. Take a low fat mozzarella cheese stick and cut it into thin pieces and put them on top of the bottom half of the pretzel, following the shape of the pretzel as best you can. Top with the other half of the pretzel, and use 1 tbsp. of pizza sauce on top to help stick down a few slices of turkey pepperoni. If you had any cheese leftover, sprinkle it on top. Air fry for 10 minutes, or until pepperoni is crisping and cheese is melty and gooey. Serve with 1 tbsp. hot pizza sauce for dipping!

Believe it or not, this delicious treat counts as one Nutrisystem dessert plus one Powerfuel (the combination of the string cheese + 7 turkey pepperoni slices was only 110 calories) and one extra for the 2 tbsp. pizza sauce (16 calories).

I wish I had more of these in the freezer when I am craving something savory instead of sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment