This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Bagel Twists

Well, the scale has been good to me lately- it's been so positive to watch the pounds melt away. I am so close to my 40lb reward band! I can't wait to earn it. How are you all doing?

I've tried several new entrees lately and want to share reviews with you all, but today I thought I'd focus on just one very versatile entrée- the Honey Wheat bagel. As I've said before, this isn't an entrée I think I would order in my auto delivery because I can get low calorie bagels at the grocery store, but since I won this free in a reward pack from the NuMi app, I was looking forward to trying it.

Bagels really are a blank canvas and so versatile, so these ideas could definitely be used as a flex meal instead. Feel like something sweet? Toast it and add a little sugarfree jam as a free food or an extra depending on stats. Something rich and filling? Use your breakfast PF to add 1 tbsp. of peanut butter or a whole 1/4 cup of PB2! Since breakfast is a Nutrisystem entrée plus a Powerfuel, there are so many options here to personalize breakfast just the way you like.

Honey Wheat Bagel (Breakfast):



This morning's breakfast was so decadent and delicious! 1 tbsp. of FF herb & garlic cream cheese plus 3oz smoked salmon for my morning PF, topped with red onions and capers. High protein and filling- definitely not diet food. You can see it was so yummy there's even a bite missing already!



I really do like filling breakfasts, and I often prefer to make them savory when I flex since I enjoy Nutrisystem's sweet entrees so much. So for the next one, I borrowed my morning snack PF as well to have breakfast + 2 PFs- worth it!

1 Nutrisystem Honey Wheat Bagel, lightly toasted
1 egg, scrambled with finely chopped onions, red peppers, and baby bella mushrooms
1 slice low fat cheddar cheese
2 slices Ready Crisp bacon (sometimes I prefer ham instead but good either way!)

Those three additions total 180 calories, so perfect for 2 PFs. You can even fry your egg in 1 tsp butter if you want to use an extra! And it will be so filling I doubt you'll even miss that morning snack PF.

Need some more ideas for your bagel? How about an avocado bagel? Spread 1 PF worth of feta cheese on the toasted bagel and top with 1/8 avocado for NS entrée plus PF plus an extra. Or make a grilled cheese bagel with 1 tsp butter and 1oz cheddar cheese which also counts as entrée + PF + extra.

How about a pizza bagel? Top with 2 tbsp. pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese plus your favourite veggie toppings. Counts as one NS entrée, 1 extra for the pizza sauce, and if you split your PF between pepperoni and cheese then just one PF. Also remember that breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack are all 1 PF + 1 SC, so if you're not into pizza for breakfast (although who isn't?), you can eat this elsewhere in your day and be just fine! In that vein, it might also make a tasty deli sandwich if you use deli meat for your PF.

So many possibilities! What's your favourite way to eat the Honey Wheat Bagel?

1 comment: