This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, April 15, 2019

The BBB!

My Big Brown Box arrived today! It's always so exciting. I know that I know exactly what's inside of it, but it still feels a little bit like Christmas every time. Of course, it helps that there usually is a gift or two inside the box for me!

I also got my 30lb band as a reward from NuMi! I really like this. Last time around, I collected the bears, but I just don't need more dust collectors right now. Since I always have the water bottle nearby, it's a tangible thing to look at and see how well I'm doing. I can't wait to earn the next one!



If you haven't downloaded the NuMi app, I would definitely recommend that you do so. It will give you a reminder of what you're supposed to eat on your personal Nutrisystem program, since they aren't all alike. I prefer not to do my actual tracking on NuMi, since it doesn't always recognize your grocery store items but instead to use it as a visual reminder. Instead, I press Quick Log just to indicate that I've consumed that serving. 

But the real reason to download NuMi is to get the free items they give you for completing the challenges! Basically, they are all some variation of use the app and log your food, and you earn rewards. Keep in mind that if you add the codes to your auto delivery order you won't even pay shipping to get them (see the Tips for Newbies page if you need instructions on how to do this)! I used this as an opportunity to try some of the Nutrisystem foods that I wouldn't normally order. For example, the Honey Wheat bagel. I can get low calorie bagels at my grocery store, so I'd much rather have a "special" and delicious breakfast like the cinnamon bun bar or the apple strudel bar. But one came in my free Grab N Go Breakfast Pack, so I'll be able to try it and review it here for my readers.

Don't forget when you get your order to double check the packing slip against your order in your Nutrisystem account, and then against the actual quantity in your box. Human beings pack the boxes, and people make mistakes. I've even seen where someone got an entirely different auto delivery order from what they chose! But if there are any issues, Nutrisystem will make it right for you. Just log into your account page at Nutrisystem.com and use the Live Chat (it's generally faster than using the phone), and let the customer service agent know what went wrong and they will take care of this for you. And if you got any substitutions on your order, they'll happily let you choose something else if you don't like what they sent you. Remember, you're paying for this food, so you should be happy with what you get!

Now if you'll excuse me- I'm off to finish sorting through my Big Brown Box!

No comments:

Post a Comment