This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, April 26, 2019

Melts

One big point in Nutrisystem's favour is that the food generally is quite good. There are a few meals that I think really hit it out of the park, and a few that just don't work for me. But that would be true of any restaurant menu, especially since I am a picky eater.

I always recommend to new customers, that you try everything at least once for yourself. Even things that you think you might not like, or things that other people say they hate. One of my favourite meals from 2010 looked like cat vomit and the majority of customers hated it, but I loved it! You might be surprised by what you like and dislike.

In addition- you may consider trying things again, several months into your weight loss journey. Our taste buds do change, and you might be surprised by what you now enjoy that you didn't like before, especially if it was during Fresh Start week that you tried it! That's when things are the biggest shock to your system.

Try not to fall into a rut- variety really is one of the big factors to keep going on the program, so that you don't feel bored.

And on that note, here are a few entrée reviews that I haven't discussed here on Stomach Rumblings yet. Feel free to post your own thoughts on them here as well!

I do air fry all my melts- I found I didn't much like the texture in the microwave. I prefer them to be crispy from the toaster oven. Experiment and see what works best for you.

Broccoli & Cheese Melt (Frozen Lunch):


I'm using Nutrisystem's photo, because as I've said before it's really tough to take pics of the melts. And it's a relatively accurate photo. I'll probably stick with that for future melt reviews.

This was not great. I overwhelmingly tasted what seemed to me like knock off bland Tostitos queso with flavourless chunks in it. I ate it, because I hate wasting food, but did not enjoy it. I'm surprised, because I love broccoli and I definitely love cheese, and Nutrisystem has made some good entrees with both in the past, like the old lunch Broccoli & Cheddar soup. But this just didn't work for me and I won't be ordering it again.

Spinach & Cheese Pretzel Melt (Frozen Lunch):



I thought I'd really enjoy this melt, too, since it basically looked like it was stuffed with spinach dip and I LOVE spinach dip!

Unfortunately, this melt actually upset my stomach. I don't think I've had that happen with a Nutrisystem entrée in a really long time. I'm not sure why, because the ingredients all look good and I do love spinach and cheese... but this one is a no go for me.

Pepperoni Pizza Melt (Frozen Lunch):



While I find this melt to be bready, like the others, that didn't bother me with this melt because I happen to like thick crust on my pizza so this was a good choice for me. The marinara sauce was rich and with the cheese oozing into it, tasted kind of creamy, and I liked the spicing on the pepperoni bits. This will definitely make my reorder list.

Chicken Mozzarella Melt (Frozen Lunch):



I enjoyed the flavour of this melt. The chicken portion is tasty and filling, and I love the melted cheese. The spicing on the wrap is yummy, too.

Steak & Cheese Melt (Frozen Lunch):



Unfortunately I found this photo to be a little misleading. I got barely any meat in my melt, although it did taste like meat. Which is a little odd. I think next time I am going to microwave it enough to be able to split the melt in half so it's open faced, then top with mushrooms, onions, and peppers before I air fry it. I will save a Powerfuel and put some shredded mozzarella cheese on it as well. I think that would very much improve this melt.

Chicken Fajita Melt (Frozen Lunch):



Much to my surprise, this has been my favourite melt so far! It was zesty, delicious, and loaded with actual chunks of chicken. I wish I had ordered more. The new incarnation is much better than the one I tried back in 2011, although I suppose they've had a lot of time to work on the recipe!

What's your favourite melt? Do you eat them straight from the microwave or toaster oven, or do you do something to jazz them up?

No comments:

Post a Comment