This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, April 5, 2019

Simple But Good

I have to admit that I didn't really think that the Nutrisystem stuffed chicken breasts were "worth" ordering. I like chicken, but I figured that I could probably make stuffed chicken myself as a flex meal. I decided to order one of each kind though, and so far I am glad that I did.

Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast (Frozen Dinner):



I'm also a little surprised that these don't say to add a carb, since they are so low in carbs. It definitely does not seem nutritionally equivalent to, say, the pizza. I'm considering emailing Dietary Services and inquiring how an entrée that is so different affects weight loss. I know there's a pretty wide spread in terms of calories with the dinners, but most of them seem more balanced than this one.

On the other hand... OMG deliciousness! The chicken is tender and juicy, and the filling is so good. I would definitely eat this entrée again. It does not taste like diet food. I cooked it in the air fryer for 25 minutes and it was still moist and delicious.

I served it with parsnip fries (saved Smartcarb serving), and a delicious air fried Brussels sprout recipe that I found. Definitely tasty and would recommend!

Maple Balsamic Brussels Sprouts (Vegetable Ideas):

15 Brussels sprouts, ends cut off and split in half
2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar

Put the sliced sprouts in a Tupperware container, add the syrup and vinegar, and shake until the sprouts are well covered. Air fry for 15 minutes, or until they are crispy and brown. They definitely don't taste bitter! The recipe makes 3 servings and counts as 1 vegetable and one extra.

The parsnip fries were easy, too, and a nice change from sweet potatoes.

Parsnip Fries (SmartCarb):

1 cup parsnip, cut into fry shapes
1 tsp olive oil
garlic, black pepper, salt substitute to taste

Toss the fries in a container and shake it up with the oil and seasonings. Air fry for 20 minutes or until they are nice and crispy. Recipe counts as one Smartcarb + 1 extra.

1 comment: