This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Pretzel Stand

Like I've said before, I'm not the world's biggest fan of plain pretzels. But I must admit that I saw a world of potential in those Nutrisystem soft pretzels, and I've been having fun experimenting with them. I have two more recipes in mind, so keep checking back or sign up to follow my blog if you're enjoying recipes! Don't forget that my blog is better viewed in web format as opposed to mobile to see all the tags and pages!

Order up!

Jalapeno Popper Soft Pretzel (Frozen Dessert):



1 Nutrisystem Whole Grain Soft Pretzel
1 jalapeno, half cut into pretty rings, half cut into thin strips
1 tbsp. fat free cream cheese

Broil the thin strips of jalapeno in your oven or air fryer until they start to crisp up, then remove them. Very carefully split the pretzel lengthwise. Smear the cream cheese on top of the bottom half of the pretzel and place the jalapeno strips on top of the cream cheese. Top with the top half of the pretzel and arrange the rings on top. If you want, use a free food's worth of shaved parmesan on top for garnish (you don't need much).

Bake or air fry until the jalapeno rings on top are crispy and the pretzel is hot.

This counts as one Nutrisystem dessert (which is 1 PowerFuel + 1 SmartCarb) plus 1 extra for the cream cheese; the jalapeno is negligible and the Parmesan counts as a free food if you use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment