This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Playing with your Food

One of my favourite things to do is play with my food. Well, not quite like my son! But I like to mess around with recipes. It makes it much easier to stay on track when I see recipes posted online and then I figure out a way that I can make them Nutrisystem friendly. Because honestly, most things with very few exceptions can be worked into the plan somehow. They might not be exactly the same, but they're often a reasonable facsimile.

I also find it makes it easier to stay on plan when I don't have to tell myself no, I can't have something. Instead, I focus on finding a way to have it. If you have a recipe that you miss, comment here and send it to me, and I'll see if I can find a way to work it to make it Nutrisystem friendly! I've got a list of recipes right now that I'm hoping to share soon.

I had a friend over for dinner tonight and she's on a very restrictive diet for medical reasons, so coming up with a meal that both of us could happily eat and enjoy was a little tricky. But I think you'll really enjoy this one and I definitely recommend it when you have Chinese food cravings!

Orange Sesame Chicken (Flex Meals):



10 oz raw chicken breast, cut into 1" chunks
2 cups broccoli, steamed
2 tsp sesame oil

2 cups orange juice
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp. light honey
1 tbsp. fresh ginger, diced thinly
1 clove garlic, prepared
1 tsp black pepper

Heat a deep frying pan to medium on the stove, and add the sesame oil. Cook the chicken chunks until cooked through, and set aside. While chicken is cooking, stir the ingredients for the sauce together. Heat the pan to high, and add the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil and continue stirring until it starts to thicken. When the sauce starts to cling to the pan (it will reduce considerably), add the chicken back in and toss to coat. Serve over the broccoli (or any other non starchy veggie of your choosing). Serves two for dinner!

Count this as 2 Powerfuels (the chicken), 1 SmartCarb (the orange juice), 2 extras (honey, sesame oil), and 2 veggies.

It was delicious and definitely tasted decadent and filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment