This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Easter Flexing




Like I'm sure a lot of us did, I was craving some traditional Easter foods for the holidays. But we really can enjoy ourselves without going off plan; it just takes a little creativity. If you choose to mindfully go off plan and then restart after the holidays, there's nothing wrong with that choice either. But don't tell yourself that you HAVE to go off plan, because you don't! My dinner tonight was simple, delicious, and satisfying- and the dessert was mindblowing :)



I made a ham for dinner. I roasted it with a little water in the pan and it was juicy and delicious without anything added to it at all. 4oz is 2 Powerfuels. As my side dish, I boiled potatoes and then put them in my KitchenAid stand mixer with just a little of the water they were boiled in. The mixer whipped them and they were creamy and delicious with no milk or butter required. I had 1/2 cup as my SmartCarb and topped with 1 tbsp. bacon bits as an extra. I did zucchini slices in the air fryer with rosemary on top for my veggie. One flexed Nutrisystem dinner perfectly on plan, but that felt like a regular Easter dinner!

And of course, dessert was wonderful. I made a full sized cheesecake to share with guests, but I've reduced the recipe here to make a single serving. It's a more than generous portion, and at 176 calories, 1g fiber, and a whopping 14.5g protein it's a perfect flex dessert- and it doesn't taste low calorie.

Key Lime Cheesecake (Flex Meals- Dessert):



1 large graham cracker, crushed into crumbs
2 oz fat free cream cheese
2 tbsp. light ricotta cheese
1 tbsp key lime Greek yogurt
2 1/2 tbsp Splenda
1 1/2 tbsp Egg Beaters
1/2 tsp lime juice

1 tsp fat free whipped cream
1 small piece of lime for garnish

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix together cheeses, yogurt, Splenda, juice and Egg Beaters, and stir until well blended. Spray your baking dish with cooking spray (I used a mini silicone loaf pan). Add in the graham cracker crumbs and shake around to coat bottom of dish. Pour cheesecake filling into dish and put the dish into a larger oven safe dish and add water about half way up the side of the mini pan in the larger dish to create a water bath. Bake the cheesecake for 35 minutes, then turn off toaster oven or oven and let it sit in the oven for 10 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator for at least ten minutes before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment