This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Gone Shopping

Well, I figured out a great way to motivate myself again- I went shopping to buy some new clothes. It was so exciting to go into the dressing room with lots of clothes; and EVERYTHING looked good! That's a feeling I have never experienced in my life. I only bought a couple of summer dresses and a top because I don't want to spend too much money on transitional clothes (and a friend of mine was kind enough to give me a whole big bag full of clothes in my size!) bought I got such a self esteem boost while I was there.

This is what I want. And it will only get better from here as long as I continue to follow Nutrisystem. So why do I want to throw it all away? To go back to wearing baggy clothes so that I can hide fat rolls? To being unhealthy and shortening my life? It's just not worth it.

I'm ready to commit to getting back on track. This is my life and I only have one shot at it- I want to do it right.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I think buying clothes is a perfect motivation. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete