This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Not This Way...

Thank you to whoever nominated me for the Blogger's Choice Awards! I really appreciate that. If you'd like to vote for me, you can do so by clicking here.

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning and was truly shocked. This is not a healthy way to lose weight! I haven't been able to keep much down and so I've been eating very little. As a result, I lost 5.8lbs this week- definitely not a good thing. I fully expect to gain some back next week once I start eating normally again, since I've probably messed up my metabolism.

I'm still not feeling well, but better than I was. I'm very tired and having a little one to chase around doesn't help. At least he is not sick anymore!

But I do have some things I wanted to mention- good weight loss or not. If you've been with me since the beginning, then you know that my ticker was originally set for a 98lb goal. I've not only accomplished that but I've blown right by it. That's amazing to me. I remember when I originally set that goal I hoped, but never actually believed I'd be able to achieve it. I know I set it at a higher weight than I wanted to be because I didn't think I'd even be able to get there (here!), let alone to my goal weight. And now, here I am. I did it. I did reach my first goal!

Of course, I'm glad that I did move my goal weight further out, because I'd still like to lose some more. As good as I'm feeling about myself (I am now smaller than the average Canadian woman!), I still want to get to a healthy BMI and then just plain look as good as I can. And that's going to come with more exercise and continuing to follow a healthy lifestyle plan.

I'm also finally over 100lbs lost with Nutrisystem! I can't wait to get my new Nutribear to celebrate! Now there will be quite a gap until I receive my next one, because it won't come until 125lbs which is my goal- so I will receive my goal bear at the same time.

I really like the person I've become. I remember more than a year ago, I didn't really like the person who looked back at me in the mirror. She was shy and awkward, uncomfortable with herself and yet unable to make a change. I'll never be that person again. Now I know that I'm in control of my own life, and I can make it anything I want it to be.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching your first weight loss goal! More importantly, congratulations on liking the person you have become. That, to me, is the most important part. I am really happy for you.

    I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you get back to feeling good soon.

    I have a question for you: Would you consider being a guest blogger on my blog? My blog is www.karenshealthylifestyle.blogspot.com and I am looking for posts titled "What a Healthy Lifestyle Means to Me." If you would be willing to write a post like that, please email me at nerakG1974@gmail.com.

    Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to meet a fellow Canadian! I really want to get onto nutrisystem... maybe if I can save up who knows :D!

    new follower via the blog hop, very nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm sorry to read that you haven't been well, hope you feel much better soon.

    Congratulations on your weight loss and your new found love of yourself; its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted! Congrats on hitting the 100 mark! Although being sick is no good, so I do hope you return to your healthiest self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you're not too well, it doesn't help with the weight does it. Hope you start to get back to normal soon.

    Visiting from the Mom Blog Monday.
    CJ :)

    ReplyDelete