This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sick

If you're wondering why you haven't heard from me in a few days, it's because first my son was sick with stomach flu, and now that he's fully recovered, Mom's caught it. All I can say is thank goodness my husband is in town because I am in no shape to be the primary caregiver right now. I haven't been sick like this in a long time and I think I'd almost forgotten what it was like.

Well, to look at it from a positive light, I certainly expect to lose weight this week because I can't eat! It's 2pm and I haven't felt up to eating anything. Right now I am looking at a bowl of Nutrisystem's Chicken Noodle Soup. At least I have some comfort food available when I'm not feeling well, even if I prefer their other meals when I'm healthy.

I do have some more reviews to share with you, though!


Maple Flavored Breakfast Patty (Breakfast):



This is one of Nutrisystems's new shelf stable items. When I opened the package, it reminded me of a smaller version of a McDonalds sausage patty. I cooked it in a frying pan sprayed with PAM and gave it a try. The texture is very reminiscent of a McDonalds' sausage patty as well. I'm still actually not sure if I like this item or not. The spicing was very flavourful but not quite what I expected. I think I am going to have to order another one to give it a second try. The nice thing about this entree is that you add a carb selection so you can customize your breakfast any way you like. For me, sausage goes with pancakes. Dietary Services has said that we may use 1/2 pkg Pancake Mix as a carb serving, so I made myself a pancake with fresh blueberries in it. It was really good! I would definitely suggest you try this entree for yourself, perhaps more than once.


Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells (Frozen Dinner):



I love spinach in cheesy pasta, so I figured I'd enjoy this meal. It was very flavourful. I love how the sauce was chunky and rich and the meal was filling. Normally I'm not a fan of vegetarian meals because I like meat, but Nutrisystem has done a great job with them in the Select frozen pack!

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susie,

    I sure hope this post goes through and I hope you feel better very soon.

    I tried the breakfast patty too but really didn't like it. It tasted machine made to me. I did find, however, that Morningstar Farm has sausage patties that seem to being healthier choice than NS's version of one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Anonymous 1:15- thank you! I still can't eat much and feel very weak but hopefully in a few days I'll be fine again.

    I expected it to taste machine made- that's why I compared it to McDonalds. It's very uniform looking. I'm not sure if I like the spicing or not so I'll have to try it again.

    Unfortunately Morningstar Farms, like a lot of other great retailers, has not chosen to make their products available in Canada so I can't comment on that. Perhaps next time I get to the US I'll be able to give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that the sausage patty does have a strange flavor -- not quite sausage, not quite maple, but some strange sweet, smoky amalgam. But, after trying it the first time, I ordered 8 of them because I found a great way to enjoy them and it makes me feel like I have so much extra food to eat.

    I use it to make a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich with 1/4 cup egg beaters microwaved in a souffle cup to make a patty, 1 slice ff american cheese, and a Thomas' Better Start English muffin (100 cals., 8 grams fiber). With this, I've only used my entree and 1/2 a protein (and frankly, you could use 1/2 a slice of cheese and it would be enough), and still have lots of breakfast left to eat. It's quite filling!

    You should give it a try Susie. I know what you mean about sausage going with pancakes, but it's pretty good this way!

    (Braineater)

    ReplyDelete