This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Still Sick

I was hoping I'd be feeling better, but I'm still pretty under the weather and spending most of my time in bed. Hopefully by next week I'll be back to normal as my husband will be out of town for most of the rest of the month.

I still don't have much of an appetite but I am sticking to blander items like some of the Nutrisystem soups, and dinners like the Chicken and Dumplings. I can't eat much but at least those type of meals taste palatable right now.

Not much cooking going on right now obviously but I have some new recipe ideas I'm hoping I'll get to next week! In the meantime, here are a few more reviews.


Meatball Parmesan Melt (Frozen Lunch):



This was really, really good! It had a zesty flavour and you could really taste the Parmesan. I thought that the bread wrapper made it taste just like a meatball sub. I'm really going to miss this entree since we can't get them in Canada! Fortunately I do have a meatball sub recipe to give me a substitute at least!


Creamy Fudge Bar (Frozen Dessert):



Another awesome dessert! It was chocolately and delicious, but still very light. It's also quite large and I found it very satisfying.


Orange Creme Bar (Frozen Dessert):



When I was a kid, I loved orange creamsicles. This really brought back the memories! It tastes just like one. I'm really going to miss this dessert. Overall, I really enjoyed the frozen desserts- they were a nice change from the shelf stable and I think that I am going to miss them much more as the weather starts getting nicer!

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

1 comment: