This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, April 4, 2011

*sigh*

Well, I didn't succeed at my goal this week. Despite not indulging at the Maple Syrup Festival, I still managed to gain a pound. That was a disappointment but I'm OK with it. I'll just have to keep working hard and I know it will come off again.

Besides, I'm really starting to feel more positive about my appearance. I was walking through a department store to pick up something for my son and all the clothes kept catching my eye and I really wanted to go shopping for me! I know that it's not time yet and I'm not going to waste money when I have more sizes to lose, but it was an exciting feeling! It felt even better to walk past the plus size section and know that nothing in there would fit me anymore!

It's really been amazing to see my self perception change so much. I'm NOT the fat girl anymore. Actually, I am smaller than the "average" woman! I look just like a regular person when I go out. And that's awesome. I can't wait to be the skinny chick!

6 comments:

  1. Following from Blog Hop Thursday! I know exactly what you mean about knowing that the clothes in the Plus Size section won't fit anymore. I remember the day I was "kicked out" of Lane Bryant. The sales associate happily said, "We can't help you anymore. Congratulations, there is the door!" It was a lot of fun. I can't wait to read more of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing weight is NEVER easy- you are doing GREAT. Keep it up and the rest will come off with ease.
    oh and congrats on the spotlight- just stopping by to say Hi- already a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, stopping by from Blog Hop Thursday! Your story is inspiring. I just read your ABOUT section. Thats so awesome that you are loosing all that weight! Ive been wanting to try Nutrisystem for a long time now. My husband and I are slowly gaining too much weight. I am considered over weight for my height. Once we are able to try it financially, I think we are definitely going to do it. Oh I'm your newest follower too by the way. :)

    Michelle
    www.familyapprove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! It takes so much determination to do what you are doing. I'm following you from Blog Hop Thursday. Keep up the good blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower stopping by from the Thursday blog hop! Congrats on being in the spotlight!!

    Looking forward to reading more of your blog and watching you hit your goal! Have a great day!

    Karen @ http://barefootinportland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping over from Thursday Blog Hop! I have been working with my husband on a weight loss regimen. He has lost close to 50 pounds, it has been a journey to say the least, you are doing great!! Skinny Chick!! Hope you stop by :-) Aprils Lifestyle Show

    ReplyDelete