This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thank You

Thank you all for the kind comments and emails- they really helped. I'm still struggling but I've been doing much better than I was before. I need to get that motivation back!

I have been trying to make some new things in the hopes that the variety will inspire me. So far, breakfast has been pretty awesome! Here's a new recipe that I created and it was so good that I had it for breakfast 2 days in a row!

Pancake Mix (Breakfast):



Strawberry Ricotta Layer Cake:

1 pkg Nutrisystem Pancake Mix
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup LF ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
2 tbsp Splenda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix together the Pancake Mix, milk, vanilla, and 1 tbsp of the Splenda. Spray a casserole dish with Pam Butter spray and put the strawberries in the bowl. Mix the ricotta cheese with the remaining Splenda and spoon it on top of the strawberries. Pour the pancake batter on top. Top with one hulled strawberry and bake for ~25 minutes or until cake is brown on top.

I liked mine hot out of the oven since I like my strawberries hot and syrupy, but I bet this would be good cool as well. In fact, I liked it so much that I decided to try it with Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix, too!



The chocolate was SO good with the ricotta and strawberries- I'd make it again tomorrow but I am out of ricotta cheese! If you don't have any of the Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix (it's discontinued), simply add 20 calories' worth of mini chocolate chips and count it as a free food. Count this as a complete breakfast; just make sure that the stats on your ricotta cheese fit as a dairy/protein serving of 100 calories or less, 3g fat or less, and 7g protein or more. I've seen a lot of variation in different brands of ricotta and some fit while others don't.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

1 comment: