This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Still Missing Those Frozen Entrees!

The weather has been pretty warm here lately so I've definitely been missing the Nutrisystem frozen entrees! I am kind of hoping to go back to the US again sometime soon so that I can order them again. I hear there are some new frozen entrees coming out but unfortunately I won't be able to try them myself.

Here are some more reviews of the items I tried when I was in Kentucky.


Chicken Fajita Melt (Frozen Lunch):



I loved the filling on this lunch- it was perfect with a little plain Greek yogurt or some fat free sour cream. It was zesty, cheesy, and delicious. I admit that I wasn't wild about the bread-y wrapper though. I always think of tortillas when I picture chicken fajitas, so the texture of this seemed a little off to me. However, it was entirely my expectations- the entree was still delicious.


Glazed Chicken Tenders (Frozen Dinner):



The name on this one bugged me a little. To me, chicken tenders are breaded and you dip them in a sauce. This was more like chicken in a gravy-like glaze- the sauce wasn't even sweet like I expected it to be. The meal was tasty but I was hoping for it to be a little different. It wasn't bad, just okay.


Turkey Pepperoni Pizza (Frozen Dinner):



This entree is the reason why I say always try something for yourself- we all have different opinions and taste buds so just because everyone likes or hates something, doesn't mean you will!

On the Nutrisystem boards, this entree gets rave reviews. I was excited to try it. As with the other frozen pizzas, the crust is amazing. I just wish there was a way to get that texture in a shelf stable crust. I really wasn't a fan of this entree other than the crust. The pepperonis come in very small pieces so I found I didn't really get that yummy meat taste. I always add turkey pepperoni slices to my Italian Herb Flatbread pizza and it has more taste to it in my opinion. Also, it's tough to add veggies to the frozen pizzas and still have everything cook properly. I like loading up the shelf stable pizza crusts with my favourite toppings. They just seem more flexible. So I thought this pizza was just OK- I liked the toppings on the Margherita and Roasted Veggie pizzas much better.


Homestyle Pancakes (Frozen Breakfast):



Similar to the Turkey Pepperoni Pizza, I thought these were OK but preferred the shelf stable Pancake Mix just because of flexibility. With the Pancake Mix, I can make everything from cheese & egg biscuits to pineapple upside down cake. With this entree, well, I'm just eating pancakes. They were yummy pancakes but I like being able to play around with my food a little :)

I really have my hopes up that Nutrisystem will be able to find a distributor for their frozen foods in Canada. We already have stores like M&M Meat Shops that could carry the items (although not deliver them, I guess we'd have to pick it up). I would love to be able to purchase my favourite frozen items here in Canada!

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

2 comments:

  1. oh man it still makes me want to join with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eschelle, now is a great time to join because you can receive 50% off your first order! Also I can give you a coupon for an additional $30 off if you like- just send me an email.

    ReplyDelete