This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sorry!

I've been having some trouble with my internet lately and it's taking forever to get things sorted out. I hate it when technicians give you an 8 hour window in which they plan to arrive, so you stay home, and then they don't show up! Talk about wasted time.

So I'm posting from a friend's house but I just wanted to let you know that it might be a few days before I'm able to get online again. I do have an awesome recipe to share with you, though!


Pancake Mix (Breakfast):



Banana Bread:

1 pkg Nutrisystem Pancake Mix
2 tbsp Splenda
2 1/2 tsp milk
2 1/2 tsp sour cream
1 tsp Egg Beaters
1/2 overripe banana
1/4 oz chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small loaf pan with PAM butter spray. Mix all the ingredients together until it is a very thick batter. I didn't think it would come together at first with that small an amount of liquid, but it did! Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

You're adding exactly 6 calories for the milk, sour cream, and egg beaters, so I don't bother counting them at all- I just include it in the entree. Feel free to count it as part of your dairy/protein if you like. If you add the walnuts, count a fat, but otherwise- this is just an entree + fruit so you can still have your dairy serving on the side. This is really yummy right out of the oven!

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

2 comments:

  1. Your recipes look yummi...I am trying to cook healthy meals for hubby who is very resistant.

    http://chasingmyrainbowbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome recipe indeed! I've never tried experimenting on pancakes before so I think I'm gonna give it a try this time. Thanks for sharing this recipe. :)


    ~Tifanny

    ReplyDelete