This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, April 22, 2011

More Frozen Entrees!

I heard on the Nutrisystem message boards that there are new frozen entrees coming. I'm really disappointed that I won't get a chance to try them- I really enjoy the Select frozen meals and wish they were available in Canada. Sometimes it's just nice to have a bit of a change from the shelf stable food, as much as I enjoy it.

I still have more reviews to share from when I had the frozen meals in Louisville. I definitely recommend choosing the Select frozen plan if you are able to do so- it really doesn't taste like diet food at all!


Asian Style Beef (Frozen Dinner):



I had read in another review that someone thought this entree was spicy. I thought, great- I love spicy food. I took a bite of this meal and my first thought was that it was great but not spicy at all. So I figured, well, tastes differ. Then, it hit me! It wasn't really like the meal was spicy at all- just like there was spice that had gotten into my mouth as an aftertaste, and it was really hot! I was a little uncomfortable finishing the meal because it just wasn't like the spicy that I'm used to, but I did eat it because the entree itself was tasty- I was just bothered by the aftertaste.


Golden French Toast (Frozen Breakfast):



I was a little sad when I opened this package and saw one solitary piece of French toast. Again, I think it was more psychological- how could this piece of toast keep me full? But, I decided to give it a fair try. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it tasted! It had a really nice flavour and I had to go back and read the package to try and figure out what it was. I think it is the orange zest which gives it a really lovely taste. I would definitely order this again if I was able to do so.


Margherita Pizza (Frozen Lunch):



I really love whatever Nutrisystem has done to make the pizza crusts so awesome. They have that thick crispiness like a Pizza Hut crust but without the grease- they really are amazing. I loved the toppings on this pizza and thought it tasted just right and made a great lunch.


Roast Turkey Medallions (Frozen Dinner):



This meal was delicious but it left me hanging. Where are my carbs??? I know there are a few in the gravy and in the vegetables, but as tasty as the entree was, I really wanted something more. A small side of mashed or roasted potatoes would have been absolutely perfect and really hit the spot. The turkey was very nicely seasoned and the veggies were crisp and flavourful- I did enjoy this but would have liked something to ease the carb craving.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment