This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, February 1, 2010

It's Here!

My Nutrisystem box arrived today! It was kind of exciting to get that huge brown box delivered and open it up to see all kinds of goodies. Everything is colour coded so you know which meal it's for.





I must confess that I was a little skeptical of the portion sizes at first. The meals are pretty small, but I guess that's the point of a weight loss program- portion control. With all the food you add though, it's still a good sized meal and so far I am not feeling hungry. In fact, I am struggling to fit in everything that I need to eat!

When I told friends and family that I was doing Nutrisystem, I heard a lot of negative remarks. No one thought the food would be edible and at least one person told me she'd rather eat cardboard. Honestly, I am wondering if we're eating the same food? I know Nutrisystem had a menu makeover, but it must have been awfully good!

So far, I have tried three items from my box and they've all been good. For breakfast, I had the Apple Strudel Scone, for lunch I had the Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar, for dinner I had the Chili, and for dessert I had the Nacho Crisps. I was really impressed that this was diet food, to be honest! The chili was full of beans and "meat", and the sauce was delicious. It was not spicy at all however so spice lovers should add some red pepper to give it some kick.



I think this is really something that can be sustainable, since the food is definitely edible. Hopefully all the meals will be this good, but I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment