This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Mmm...

It's been a pretty good day. I tried four new things again, and liked them all!

For breakfast, I had the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. My bad though, I left it in the microwave for too long and it dried out a bit. If you order this, put it in for 2 1/2 minutes, not 3! It still tasted pretty good but it was nothing special. It doesn't look great in the picture but then again, oatmeal isn't all that photogenic anyway, especially when it's been nuked for too long. Honestly, I probably won't order this much next month but that's only because I really love the baked goods like the blueberry muffin, apple strudel scone, and cranberry orange pastry.



For lunch, I decided to try the Fettuccine Alfredo. This comes in a little container like those ramen bowls, and same idea; you add water, let it sit, stir, and eat. At first I had my doubts... I saw all those noodles just floating in white tinged water and it didn't look very appetizing. But I followed the directions and covered it up with a tupperware lid while I ate my salad, and when I came back for it and stirred it up, the sauce had thickened and it looked pretty good. It tasted pretty good, too (which I am glad about because I ordered four of them and got two more in the free week of food that they choose for you!). Unfortunately no picture today since I didn't get lunch until after 2:30. The baby decided napping was for sissies, and I just wanted to eat! I'll get one next time.

Dinner was absolutely phenomenal. I decided to have a Veggie Fajita. When I opened the pouch and poured it into a bowl, I was starting to have reservations about it. It smelled really strongly and looked like nothing so much as one of those boxed Stouffer's stuffing mixes. You add a cup of water to it and microwave it for 5 minutes, stir, and microwave it again. I was still a little nervous about it when I spooned it onto a wrap (you provide your own) but Dan thought it smelled good. I took a bite, and WOW. It was fantastic. It was spicy (but not too hot), filling, flavourful, and delicious. I wish I had ordered more of these but I only have one more in my cupboard. I would definitely recommend this meal to everyone who tries Nutrisystem. The best part was, it kept me full all night. I wasn't even really hungry for my dessert! (Yes, there is a plate under the wrap- it's just a really small plate so you can't see it.)



Of course, I had to eat my dessert anyway- it's part of the program. I decided to try the Chocolate Nougat Bar. Also a great choice- when I bit into it, it tasted just like a regular candy bar. I was very impressed! It's on the small side but it's very rich and sweet so I didn't feel like I needed or wanted any more.



I really enjoyed my meals today- probably more than I would have if I was just eating random crap lying around the house. I certainly didn't have yummy desserts every day before I started Nutrisystem. Who woulda thunk it- go on a diet to eat dessert?

1 comment:

  1. I had my first nouget bar tonight! It was soooo good! The veggie fajita didnt sound good to me but now that I see your picture it looks like that's another one I will have to add to my next order =)

    ReplyDelete