This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

OK, you could hear the rumbling today...

Today was a little harder than yesterday. By midafternoon I was starving. I know my body just needs some time to get used to the program and I'll be fine so I am toughing it out.

There's definitely lots of food on the program, it's just not what I'm used to. Yesterday for breakfast I had the Blueberry Muffin, which was delicious! The food definitely doesn't taste like diet food. I have been giving Dan little bites of my meals and he agrees with me. I am really impressed so far with what I've been eating.



With my breakfast, I was also told to add a serving of carbs, fruit, and my choice of dairy or protein, so I had an egg on toast and a banana. Pretty filling, actually!

In fact, I was still full around lunchtime so I decided to have something that felt lighter for lunch. I picked the Minestrone Soup. It was easy to make- just add water and let it stand for 8 minutes, and eat. The bowl was brimming with noodles and beans and it was quite tasty. I ate some baby carrots and a cheese string with it for lunch, and grapes for dessert.



For my snack, I chose a container of Silhouette fat free raspberry yogurt for my dairy serving and a bowl of fresh strawberries for my fruit serving. I was really hungry by this point but I figured the snack would hold me over to dinnertime.

I wanted something hot and filling for dinner, so I chose one of my favourite meals- lasagna! This was microwave and eat, and add a carb, two veggies, a fat, and some fruit. I had a small whole wheat roll with margarine and garlic (yay garlic bread!), romaine lettuce with fat free dressing for a Caesar salad, and grapes for dessert. I decided to save my other veggies for snacking on later and I had celery and cucumber. I really enjoyed my dinner! Of course, I wished there was a little more of it but it was very good all the same!



Oh, the real dessert was the best part! I had a Fudge Brownie that was rich, chewy, and delicious. It was very satisfying! In fact, I was so eager to dig in that I forgot to get a picture. I'll have to post one next time I have one!

So Day Two was a success. I followed my program exactly and also did 8 minutes on my elliptical machine. Nutrisystem encourages exercise but they don't insist on it to guarantee weight loss. I started slow because I admit to being woefully out of shape and my elliptical kept flashing warning messages because my heart rate was too high. I used to be able to do 45 minutes easily and I'll be working my way back up there soon. My goal is to use the elliptical at least 3 days a week.

I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment