This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Woohoo!

I lost 4 pounds this week! Way to get some positive reinforcement that I am doing the right thing! It's been so nice to eat things I'm enjoying and still lose weight.

Today was a pretty yummy day. It's hard to beat pasta and sweet stuff! I wish the free week they sent me didn't include so many salty snacks because I don't really want them. Oh well... I can at least try them.

For breakfast, I had the Apple Strudel Scone. This was the first thing I tried out of my Nutrisystem box the day it came and I still think it's really good. It's dense and apple-y.



I felt like comfort food for lunch, so I chose the Cheese Tortellini. The serving size was adequate and I enjoyed the pasta. It was nothing special but nothing shabby either. Pretty basic pasta dish.



I had some green beans in the fridge that I wanted to make, and since I like cheesy things with green beans, I decided to make the Macaroni & Cheese. I was impressed at how cheesy it was! It reminded me of Kraft dinner but with a thicker sauce.



For dessert, I chose the Double Chocolate Almond Cookie. I almost forgot to take a picture again since I was ready to dig in! It's rich and chocolatey and has a generous serving of nuts.



It's nice to be off to a fast start- not quite a week and four pounds. I know the weight loss will slow down after the first few weeks but it helps to keep me motivated!

1 comment: