This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Back on track!

I weighed in with a loss of 2.2lbs this week, bringing my total loss to 35lbs in 15 weeks. That is definitely something to be proud of! I am only 5lbs away from getting my next Nutribear.


The wedding on Friday was lovely. I also had my next Non Scale Victory- I did manage to fit into my old dress so I didn't have to buy a new one! The dinner was difficult, though. During cocktail hour, I stuck to diet Coke, but it was hard to pass up all the delicious hors d'oeuvres! I had one piece of grilled chicken on a skewer and avoided all the fried, cheesy things.

The meal was a little hard to handle, though. The first course was cream of broccoli soup, which of course was a no-go. Dan was happy for two servings, though! The salad was very good- mixed greens in balsamic vinaigrette. For dinner, I chose salmon, which came served with mini potatoes, vegetables, and a rich cream sauce *sigh*. I ate about half the fish after scraping off as much sauce as possible, two little potatoes, and all the vegetables and I was full. When the waitress put a chocolate drizzled crepe filled with ice cream and strawberries in front of me, I had one bite and ignored the rest. I also had half a glass of sauvignon blanc with dinner.

So, I didn't do wonderfully, but I enjoyed my meal and managed to survive my next date with the scale. And I got to have a wonderful evening with my husband and friends.

1 comment:

  1. I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I got my food yesterday and will be starting on Sunday after I get a chance to go to the grocery store. I think you did really well at the wedding considering all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete