This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Why is all the good stuff discontinued???

I made a fantastic dessert today that I had to share!



Black Forest Cake has always been one of my favourite desserts. In fact, as you can probably tell from this blog, I have a major sweet tooth and I love cakes and pastries, period! I was really excited to find a way to make this cake NS friendly but also delicious.

Black Forest Cake

1 pkg Microwave Chocolate Cake Mix
1 tsp cocoa
2 tsp Splenda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup buttermilk

4 tbsp fat free whipped cream
1/3 cup sugar free cherry pie filling

Mix all ingredients together well and then pour into two small greased baking dishes. Microwave each one separately at 50% power for 90 seconds and allow to cool in the refrigerator. Use a knife to gently loosen the cooled cake and place one cake on a plate. Spread the whipped cream on the cake and pour the cherry filling on top. Add the top half of the cake and add a puff of whipped cream and a cherry. Enjoy!


So again- why is Nutrisystem getting rid of all these yummy items? Fortunately, you can still occasionally find these in Big Lots stores or on eBay. If you can't, you can always take one of the new Chocolate Cakes and cut it in half and use that (although they're smaller so it might be difficult to fit all the cherry filling inside!).

No comments:

Post a Comment