This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The last of the cherries!

I finally made it through the last of the cherries (of course, it helped that I enjoyed the cheesecake so much that I made another one for dessert tonight!).

I saw this recipe and decided to give it a try. I'm not a big fan of oatmeal but I believe in trying everything once. After all, you never know, right?

Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal (Breakfast):


Stuffed Oatcakes

1 pkg Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
1/3 cup water
1 tbsp Egg Beaters
1/4 tsp baking powder

2oz fat free cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp sugarfree syrup

In a small bowl mix the oatmeal and the water. Cook in microwave for 1 minute. Stir, add in egg beaters and baking powder and combine. Heat a non stick skillet and spray with cooking spray. Use the batter to make 2 pancakes about the same size. While they are cooking mix together the cream cheese and the syrup. Place one oat cake on your plate and top with cream cheese mixture, followed by the next oat cake. Drizzle with additional syrup or fruit if desired.

Honestly- this was not one of my favourite breakfasts. It wasn't bad- just not to my taste. I prefer the more pastry-like sweet breakfasts. I do think this would work well as a savory breakfast, though. Instead of the cream cheese, add a slice of fat free cheese, an egg, and maybe a piece of veggie sausage so it's almost like the McDonalds McGriddle. I may have to try that next time!

1 comment:

  1. i really did not like this oatmeal....but after making it this way...I LOVE IT!! thanks for the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete