This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

*sigh*

No loss this week. I'm not sleeping very well and have been stressed out with some family stuff, so I don't know if that affected things. The worst part is, I haven't even cheated! You'd think at least if I have to go through the crushing disappointment of not losing anything, that I'd have gotten to do something to enjoy it, eh?

I hope I haven't plateaued already because I still have a long way to go. I'll just have to start changing things up and getting more exercise in- I refuse to allow this to derail me.

I started off today by switching my lunch and dinners, as recommended by the Nutrisystem counselors. I am not really sure how it helps, but it doesn't hurt to try it. I've also decided to give up one of my additional carb servings daily and see if that helps.

I was at the grocery store yesterday, and I found a fantastic option for a dairy/protein, one that is definitely worth saving my extra carb serving for! I picked up a box of Compliments Balance Wild Salmon Burgers- 120 calories, 3g of fat, and a whopping 21g of protein. It is slightly over the stats for a dairy/protein (capped at 100 calories with minimum 7g of protein) but I think the additional protein more than makes up for it. So for lunch today I had my dinner entree (the Lasagna, yum!), and for dinner I am going to have the salmon burger and Cheesy Homestyle Potatoes with steamed asparagus and green beans. I'm looking forward to it!

Hopefully I can break through this quickly- it gets disheartening to work so hard and feel like it's all for nothing. Funny how the Daily Dose tends to have such appropriate things for me at just the right time... it gives me hope that other people have walked the same path and gotten caught at similar times. And if they can get through it, so can I.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I was on a medically supervised weight loss/fitness program. I did well on it and lost over 100lbs, but sadly, I gained it all back.

    One thing that I learned while going through the program was, the nurses and dietitians were not as concerned about the scale reading as those of us on the program. In fact, the staff would remind us that its how your clothes fit, and your muscle / fat percentages that are the more important readings.
    It was really hard to get used to that concept.
    It still is hard for me to think that way.
    Scale weight can fluctuate so easily.

    I know that in my case, stress and lack of sleep affects my weight loss.
    Good luck to you, and a big thanks to you for all the great ideas and stuff on your blog

    take care
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the awesome work! I've been following all your success (from JM). You are inspiring and I know you will keep it up! - Pearlica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been able to keep up to date on all your new recipes ... three weeks in hospital/rehab center ... but as soon as I can, I am going to try your cherry recipes. Not a fun way to loose weight as I have not been able to eat. Hope you have a "turn around" as reaching a plateau can be so discouraging. Nan

    ReplyDelete