This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

A new bear!

I was hoping to earn a new bear this week, although the results were a little in doubt since last week I only lost 1.6lbs. Well, I blew it away; FOUR pounds! I had to weigh myself twice to make sure! I haven't lost four pounds since my first week on Nutrisystem! I have been doing more walking with the baby since the weather's been nice, and this is definitely encouragement to keep it up. I am really excited. And only eight pounds to my next bear!

I tried some more new things this week. I also noticed when I was going over my tags that some of the things I eat on a regular basis were never reviewed- silly me! I am going to make an effort to check that everything I like is here, and hopefully I'll start getting pictures in of the things I don't really care for as well. Not because they're bad- they're just not to my taste. I've never been a cold cereal person, for example. But that's the nice thing about Nutrisystem- there's something for everyone. And lots of chocolate- everyone loves chocolate!


Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix (Breakfast):


Mmm... why on earth did they discontinue this?? You can still frequently find it on eBay. Yes, it may be expired, but it's a mix, so I'm not too worried. It tastes just fine to me! The pancakes were delicious with sugarfree syrup. This is going to become one of my favourite breakfasts. *runs off to scour eBay for more mix*

And here they are as donuts, following the recipe in my previous post. Of course, two got eaten before I thought to take a photo! Also delicious, but more along the lines of chocolate chip cupcakes than donuts as they were less dense. Maybe a bit less liquid is needed in this version.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar (Dessert):


I was really hoping for something similar to the lunch Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar, which is delicious! When I opened the wrapper, it already looked different since it wasn't covered with chocolate. By itself, it was OK, but compared to the lunch bar it was just meh. Probably not something I'll order again since there are so many desserts I do like.

Greek Yogurt (Dairy/Protein Ideas):


Mmm. I read about this all the time on the NS boards but it seems that while Greek yogurt is plentiful in the US, it's pretty hard to find here in Ontario. I did finally manage to locate a Sobey's that carries the Liberte 0% brand, and I decided to give it a try. On the NS boards, people recommend stirring in a spoonful or so of Jello fat free sugar free pudding mix, so I tried it with vanilla and then put it over fresh strawberries and crumbled graham crackers for a carb serving. It was delicious! Very rich and creamy, as well as insanely high in protein so it was filling. It's not cheesecake, but it's close enough to make me happy for the time being. Speaking of which- I have ordered Jello cheesecake pudding mix to try with this!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outdated pancake mix can actually be fairly lethal. Just a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm not too worried- lots of posters on the NS boards say they use expired mix all the time, they just store the little packets in a Tupperware at a cool temperature.

    If you aren't comfortable with the expired chocolate chip pancake mix, NS still sells plain and blueberry and it's fresh of course.

    ReplyDelete