This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Couldn't wait to share!



My bears are here! Just the first two, of course- I won't get my 30lb bear until my next auto delivery which is scheduled for May 28. I delayed it because I bought so much stuff from other people that I don't really have room for more food. I like having more than 4 weeks' worth at a time though so I never run out of my favourites!

I wasn't going to post today but I have a recipe to share that is absolutely phenomenal- please immediately rush out and make it, and tell me it isn't the most delicious thing you've ever had. I am so sad that I have only one Blueberry Pancake Mix left until the end of the month- anyone have any they don't want???

Before I get to the recipe (tantalizing you with anticipation!), here is a review.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar (Lunch):




There are two photos here because this item has been reformulated. Fortunately, the one that sucks is no longer being made. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell what you're going to get. Nutrisystem is continuing to send out the old ones until they run out of them.

The yummy ones are the bars coated entirely in chocolate. They are delicious and only a whopping 10 calories more than the plain bars. They are rich, peanut-y, and very filling. One of my favourite lunches. When I opened a plain one yesterday, I was surprised- what was this? I double checked the package and then called NS, where I found out I was holding a pre-reformulation bar. It was just okay- nothing special. If they hadn't reformulated it, this would not stay on my auto delivery, I'd just get the fudge graham bar instead. If you love peanut butter, definitely try this (and hope you get the new one!).

Blueberry Pancake Mix (Breakfast):


I got this recipe off the Nutrisystem boards and it is amazing. I was dubious about the ricotta cheese but it worked perfectly and tasted better. You could also make this with the plain Pancake Mix and sub in dried fruit of whatever jam you put on top.

1 NS Blueberry Pancake Mix
2 tsp Splenda
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp dried blueberries
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/3 c buttermilk

Filling:
2 tbsp light ricotta cheese
2 tsp Splenda
1 tsp pancake mix(dry, reserved from mix above)
1 tbsp SF blueberry jam

Combine all the batter ingredients and mix well- it's pretty runny. Pour into a greased single serving casserole dish. Mix the ricotta, Splenda, and pancake mix together and drop it into the centre of the batter. Top with the spoonful of jam and bake at 350. My danish took 20 minutes to cook because I used a smaller deep dish, so baking time will vary depending on the size and shape of the pan you use.

Let it cool, and try not to devour it in 10 seconds once you take the first bite!

1 comment: